Monarch ignorance

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Sun Aug 20 15:35:10 EDT 2000

I was about to make the identical remark.
A lovely, poetical article by Pyle, of course, and a splendid photo of
whatever on the front, but somehow it left one wondering.
As I had been waiting for seven hours at National Airport, Washington
D.C., I had seen quite a few butterflies and dragonflies, though not
necessarily well enough to identify. They plunge down to check out the
yellow traffic stripe on the pavement (I think); then fly off pretending
they had some more sensible goal.
A couple of Monarchs, anyway.
It's a pretty bug on the cover, but I haven't the foggiest ...
Anne Kilmer
back in South Florida