Eating ones study subjects

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:37:23 EDT 2000

I knew a graduate student once (at Yale) who served her research material
on crackers at her post defense party - A "caviar" of brush chromosomes!
I worked on fossil cockroaches which I think all will agree are totally
inedible. The only living roaches that might tempt me are *Cryptocercus
punctulatus* or *Gromphadorhina portentosa* which smells like an Arb*'s
Roast Beef Sandwich and is coveted by my chameleon and sugar glider.
.........Chris