Migrants in the UK

David Chesmore e.d.chesmore at eng.hull.ac.uk
Wed Aug 30 08:16:37 EDT 2000

I have been noticing a lot of migrants in my local area (1/2 way between
York and Hull) in Yorkshire recently including:

Nomophila noctuella - common (moth trap)
Plutella xylostella - common (moth trap)
Clouded Yellow - 1 seen in Hlme on Spalding Moor and 1 in Faxfleet
Painted Lady - very common
Hummingbird Hawk - many sightings including 1 in Holme on Spalding Moor
Silver Y - very common
The Vestal - 1 at Eastrington (moth trap)

I would be interested to hear from other UK Leps-L subscribers to see if
this is the same in other part of the UK.  I am particualrly interested in
sightings of the Vestal.

Dave

Dr David Chesmore, FRES, MIAgrE
School of Engineering