Spiders and Snakes

Bruno cues at itsnet.com
Wed Feb 16 10:35:46 EST 2000

More on the possible spider culprit: http://hobospider.org/yellosac.html

"Bites by yellow sac spiders generally produce instant, intense stinging
pain, not unlike that of the sting of a wasp or hornet. This may be followed
by localized redness, swelling and itching; these manifestations may or may
not evolve into a necrotic lesion, but when that occurs healing is usually
complete within eight weeks. Systemic effects are usually not severe, but
when they occur may include chills, fever, headache, dizziness, nausea,
anorexia, and sometimes shock. Treament for the local lesion should follow
the same protocols as outlined for the hobo and brown recluse spiders:
Likewise, corticosteroid therapy may be beneficial when systemic effects are
present."
--
Bruce
Utah, USA