Egg laying

ian john waller ian at ijwaller.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 08:51:27 EST 2000

In message <85cm62$coh8$1 at newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>, Sunsol
<SUNSOL at prodigy.net> writes

>I have a copy of the book "Butterfly and Caterpillar " by Barrie Watts. In
>it is a photo of a cabbage white laying a group of eggs.  I have never seen
>cabbage white eggs in groups. Do you think she was drugged?

IMHO, the cabbage white butterfly does not exist,
but is a 'loose' term given to two different butterflies.

Large White (Pieris brassicae)
Small White (Pieris rapae)

If the butterfly in the photo has laided a group of eggs, it is probably
a large white, as small whites lay singulary.

Although I have not seen the book you mention.

--
ian john waller