Anyone know who Thomas Kral is?

Kelley Morgan odnsystems at pop.primary.net
Wed Jan 12 16:00:44 EST 2000

I am looking for the author of this newsposting. It says his name is
Thomas Kral <thomask at primenet.com>. I snet him a email and got a user
not found email back. Anyone know where I could locate him?

Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 14:39:33 -0700 (MST)
 From: Thomas Kral <thomask at primenet.com>
 To: entomo-l at uoguelph.ca
 Cc: Multiple recipients of list <entomo-l at ccshst06.cs.uoguelph.ca>
 Subject: Re: butterfly smuggling

 As I stand by passively not posting more public messages, pending
further instructions, I came across this one; I comment herein solely on

my own
 behalf and these views are not to be confused with any other activities

I may have stated earlier. Rather my intent is to attempt to set some
 records straight in regards to the following posting repeated below.

 I continue to be amazed at attempts by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

to put a certain spin on bug collecting.  As I read comments like "rare
and
 very expensive butterflies" and then see "Raja Brooks Birdwing", once
again I see a propaganda ploy. In other instances, USFWS agents like
John
 Mendoza, Christopher Nagano & Paul Opler had a magical way of turning
butterflies worth $1 into $1,000 priceless objects by trickery of
 deliberate lies and deception - but I won't it happen THIS time!  The
"Raja Brooks Birdwing" from Malaysia (its identification is
unmistakable) is
 known as _Trogonoptera brookiana albescens_ by scientific name on
dealer's pricelists; latest Combined Scientific catalog, which is a
large
 specimen insect dealer in Ft. Davis Texas lists it at $2 per male and
$4 per female - thats the HIGH END of its market value and what the
 uninformed novice might pay. On file I have quite a collection of
dealer's price lists and find that it usually sells for 0.75 cents to
$1, with Miguel
 Serrano listing it for 0.40 cents per male, or you can even get 25
FEMALES for $31.25.  A Malaysian dealer (Deco Enterprises) sells them in

lots of
 100 males for $20 I recall.

 Whats all of the 166 specimens likely worth? I would say $200 at most,
and judging by the description of this "collection" it was for
decorative
 purposes, thus minimal (if any) scientific value, so I believe that the

$200 value is diminished much further.