CO2 mosquito traps

Jim Mason jmason at ink.org
Tue Jan 18 16:09:44 EST 2000

Since they cost ~$400 each, (not counting the CO2-spiking apparatus) I doubt
they will get popular any time soon.  I also wonder how they can be
effective.  If you have a party in the yard and several people are present,
the trap would just look like one more food source to the skeeters rather
than THE ONLY food source.  I would say you are better off to put up a bat
house, (if you have colonial-roosting bats in the neighborhood).

Jim Mason, Naturalist
jmason at ink.org
(316) 683-5499 x103
Great Plains Nature Center