More on MV

Bruce Walsh jbwalsh at u.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 27 13:24:06 EST 2000

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on MV setups.  A few general
comments.

I now have a Honda EU1000i generator, which is super quite, very light
(28 lbs), runs for up to 9 hours and can crank out more than enough power
for a small city.

What I'd like to get suggestions on are two items

(1)  Waterproofing the MV lights.  Here in SE Arizona, the moths fly
during our summer rainy season.  Hence, it is not odd to see all sorts of
silkmoths flying during a rainstorm, which passes in an hour or so.

(2)  Any suggestions for a frame for holding the sheet that is (1)
lightweight, (2) very sturdy under high wind, and (3) easy to setup.  Is there
such a beast?

Cheers

Bruce