Layperson seeks home for large accidentally-acquired moth collection

Thelron at aol.com Thelron at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 16:14:08 EDT 2000

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I purchased a large moth collection (some butterflies) which now sits in
my attic.  The creatures are laid out and preserved in special black boxes
which are then framed in cherry.  There are perhaps a dozen such frames which
run in size from about 12" x 16" and up.  They seem to have been collected by
a military officer who traveled internationally.  I have two journals in
which he kept with varying precision the dates and location of their
collection.
    I have no use for them and would be interested in any information anyone
could give me as to how to sell or otherwise get rid of them.  I have taken
some photographs.  They are very beautiful and simply ought to be more
appreciated than they are.  I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut.