Phyciodes batesii

John Shuey jshuey at tnc.org
Mon Jul 17 08:50:07 EDT 2000

To follow up on Don's habitat in Ontario (alvar grasslands), the one area where I
found this species to be abundant in NE Lower Michigan was also alvar.  While
occasional P. batesi could be found in other spots,  The alvar areas north of Alpena
Michigan support dense and expansive populations of P. bastesi.

John Shuey

--
John Shuey
Director of Conservation Science