Zelicaon larva

tallen at mail.dnr.state.wv.us tallen at mail.dnr.state.wv.us
Mon Jul 17 06:39:38 EDT 2000

Is anyone out there rearing Papilio zelicaon or any of the Erebias
that would be willing to send me a larva to photograph for a
Butterfly Larval field guide which Jim Brock and I are working on.  I
will pay the postage and return the larva to you next day Federal
Express.  Best to have last instar.  Will take zelicaon eggs if I can
get them.

We would also like to photograph Hayden's ringlet and Gillette's
Checkerspot if we could get a few larvae.  Even diapausing larvae
would be fine if you don't mind me keeping them or attempting to
break diapause.

Any assistance will be credited to you.

Thanks,  Tom Allen