Please Help the World's Rarest Butterfly

Robert Dana robert.dana at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jul 25 16:51:04 EDT 2000

Paul, I think that's Silicone Mountain - the Valley is Silicon.

John MacGregor wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Just curious.  What are you implying?  That the people trying to save the
> butterfly stand to make money from conserving it?

Absolutely. That's why the butterfly activists target pricey real estate projects
in wealthy areas like the ritzy Palos Verdes Pennisula of California, the
movie star owned Malibu  coast of California, the ultra wealthy Silicone Valley
of California etc. They know developers in these areas can afford to be hit with
six figure "habitat restoration" or mitigation measures from which they
derive five figure consulting jobs and other spin off income.

Activists would not care much about the Palos Verdes Blue if it's habitat
was in some slum district of Los Angeles. Therre's no money there for
them to harvest.

Paul Cherubini

.