Canada and net waving

Daniel Glaeske glaeske.md at sk.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 26 13:41:00 EDT 2000

I have to agree.  I went to Cypress Hills Prov. Park for camping a year or so
ago.  Stopped in at the interpretive centre, said I would be using the net for
catch and release, and they had no problem with it.  In fact, a few other
campers/staff had questions about butterflies in the park, and they simply
referred them on to me.  Of course, throwing John Acorn's name about helped,
too! :)

Odd thing is, I have now noticed at two provincial parks some little general
store actually selling cheap butterfly nets for the kids -- the parks evidently
don't have a problem with nets in the park if they allow them to be sold.

BTW, great show, John.  Used to tape it for the kids until it was moved to the
0530 time slot.  Ever do a show on baiting for moths?

Daniel Glaeske
St. Victor, SK