sugaring for moths on television

John Acorn janature at compusmart.ab.ca
Wed Jul 26 20:05:37 EDT 2000

Fellow Lepsters,

Daniel Glaske asked me, "Ever do a show on baiting for moths?"  I did, in
fact.  It was Acorn The Nature Nut episode #19, "Many Splendored Moths."  We
did indeed feature baiting, and read from Holland's classic "Sugaring for
Moths" essay as well.  My guest was Tracy Kutash, an entomologist who was
working on a moth study in northern Saskatchewan at the time.  I think it's
a pretty good show, that stands the test of time.  In fact, one fellow saw
it on local television and was totally amazed that anyone else on earth knew
about sugaring, or for that matter about the glory of moths.  He and I have
since become good friends.  I think he still has a crush on Tracy, who made
a bigger impression than I did.  She, by the way, got married and moved to
Mexico.  If you're on this list Tracy, I hope that your new life is treating
you well.

The show, for those who are interested, is available through Bio Quip.

John Acorn
Edmonton, Canada