Help - Was it a Bird or was it a Moth ? Details inside..

dj 1 at 2.com
Mon Jun 26 13:25:49 EDT 2000

Date - June 26, 2000
Time - 14:00 G.M.T.
Location - 12 Miles north of Boston, Lincolnshire, U.K.
Weather - Fine and sunny.

Sound - Like a Humming Bird - Same tone, but much lower volume.

Size - Length 30mm - Diameter 8mm - Wingspan 50mm

Colour - Mostly Light Brown - Many other details too small for me to
see in the time.  Black eye like markings on the top rear.

Behaviour - Like a Humming Bird - Feeding from Impatiens (Busy Lizzie)
flowers.  It did not land, just hovered at each bloom for a few
seconds inserting a proboscis like organ into the centre of each
flower and then moving on.

Although it was hard to see detail because it was moving all the time,
I have the impression the creature was covered in fur with no sign of
feathers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dennis