Ideal Binoculars

James Hanlon jfhanlon at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 28 02:35:21 EDT 2000

Thank You all for the in-depth binocular ideas!

One piece of info for anyone interested in buying a high-end set of
binoculars: The stores are selling the Bausch and Lomb elites at $950 plus
tax. Cameraworld.com has them priced at $700 with no tax for out-of-state
residents. Cameraworld.com was also running a special two weeks ago with $50
off any purchase greater than $500, bringing the cost of the elite 8X42's
down to $650 plus $16 2nd day shipping. Still expensive but sure beats
paying a $1,000.

If ready to buy online, you should probably call cameraworld before ordering
online and mention the $50 off. They may give it to you.

Regards,

Jim Hanlon

P.S. I have no vested interest in cameraworld or B&L, but I do have an
interest in my fellow lepidopterists.