Eudaemonia jehova

Carlos W. West cwwest at csi.com
Thu Mar 2 10:58:23 EST 2000

Dear Lepidopterists:

My name is Carlos West, and I am a researcher at "Awake!" magazine in New York. I am interested in obtaining more information about a moth called "Eudaemonia jehova," which was described in an 1877 catalog by Herman Strecker titled "Lepidoptera, Rhopaloceres and Heteroceres, Indigenous and Exotic." I corresponded with Professor Joe Kunkel at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and he suggested that I send a message to the Lep Soc Email list to contact lepidopterists familiar with tropical moths from
around the world.

If anyone can help me, I'm interested in finding out if this particular moth exists, if it is currently known by this name, and where it can be found. Have any of you ever heard of it? Would you be able to recommend a resource that I could consult to get more information? I am not on the mailing list, so if anyone is able to send a reply to me at cwwest at csi.com I would be very grateful. Thank you for whatever help you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Carlos W. West
New York, NY