Butterfly Garden Signs

Greg Toffic greg.toffic at zoo.org
Sat Mar 4 12:37:46 EST 2000

How about...

Don't pick the flowers, please...Leave them for others to enjoy.

Greg Toffic
Seattle

>>> "Mary H. Shepherd" <mhs2 at ix.netcom.com> 03/04 8:39 AM >>>
I'm looking for suggestions on how to word "Please Don't Pick the
Flowers (Wildflowers)" signs for a new butterfly garden and for the
surrounding park & natural area.  I'm limited to a 6"x5" sign size that
will be placed in at least 10 separate locations throughout the park.

I particularly dislike visiting a park and seeing a list of strongly
worded negative
announcements about what I cannot do while visiting, though
unfortunately I understand the necessity.

In 2-4 short sentences, how would you suggest putting across the message
why not picking the flowers is so important?  Have you seen any
particularly well worded postings in a garden or park?   Please feel
free to respond to me directly, if you feel this is not an appropriate
subject for the discussion group. Thank you, 		Mary
<mhs2 at ix.netcom.com>