amateur needs helg finding names for two moths

Rcjohnsen rcjohnsen at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 01:53:04 EST 2000

<< Subject: amateur needs helg finding names for two moths
From: gresehover at hotmail.com  (Ehren Gresehover)
Date: Wed, Mar 8, 2000 10:07 PM

I am a not an expert or even enthusiast when it comes to lepidoptera, but I
have recently been studying bats and have, as a result, become interested in
moths as well.

My problem is that I have encountered brief mentions of two different moths
that I would like to know the names of, but I don't know much about them.
What I know:

One of them has receptors on the sides of its body to better hear the
ultrasonic noise generated by bats.  The other has soft scales that muffle
the ultrasound.

If any of you learn-ed folks could help me with either scientific
classification or common names I would be appreciative.

Please email me directly at gresehover at hotmail.com, as I am not on the
listserve.

Thank you for your time,
Ehren Gresehover

I have a paper on butterfly hearing that I'll try to locate and send.
Roger

 Try
http://www.biologists.com/JEB/201/24/jeb1724.html

or