Moth Question (Also looking for group FAQ)

Paul D. Marsh pdmarsh at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 25 16:58:47 EST 2000

Before posting this message I did attempt to find a group FAQ via a
search on DejaNews, but wasn't able to do so.  At this point it's simply
easier to post the question.

I am working on a video project of all of the creatures found in the
yard of our home in Florida.  Among these critters are many moths and
butterflies.  I am having trouble identifying a number these, as well as
some other weird things, like a hammer-headed worm!  I bought all of the
Audubon field guides, have made a number of trips to the library and
have searched the web.

I have found some sights on the internet, but most have been of little
use.  If one or more exist, I would like to find a site that has photos
of LOTS of moths and butterflies in their natural state.  The USGS site,
for example, while thorough, is of little use in my case because I have
yet to find a moth or butterfly pinned to the wall with it's wings
spread!

Can someone point me to a good site on the web?  Or, is there a site or
individual that accepts e-mail with photos for identification?  That
would be of tremendous help.

Thanks,
Paul