Beautiful moth -- need ID

lizc8913 at my-deja.com lizc8913 at my-deja.com
Mon May 1 11:07:34 EDT 2000

Hi, I am happy to have found your group on the Internet.

My mother recently found a beautiful moth on the floor of her garage in
Central Texas. We know nothing about moths and butterflies, but she
would very much like to know what kind of insect it is.

I have done my best to scan in this moth and have posted a picture of it
at this URL:

http://www.wedey.hispeed.com/moth2.jpg

The underside is light brown and looks like a dried leaf.

It seemed very exotic to us, but we don't know whether it is an unusual
moth or just an especially beautiful example of an ordinary moth.

Any ID would be very appreciated by Mom and dutiful daughter.

Thanks,
Liz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.