I need help.......

Sharyn Fernandez butterflies at value.net
Fri May 5 01:56:59 EDT 2000

IN regards to Ken's comments:
>It is not impossible that this was a natural occurrence--but at about the
>same time I became aware that Painted Ladies were being raised by a number
>of classes in Fairbanks elementary schools--and in all cases the adults
>were then released outdoors in late spring.

Hmm... that's the way I felt about planting our Valley Oak trees in places
where they "probably" (?) would have grown if it weren't for "cattle
grazing". It was my opinion that we should just wait and see the course
'mother nature' would take (despite roads, and other development anyway).
But in defense of releases - Among other reasons, they  help  the 'web of
life' in one regard - giving protection to more butterflies to 'fly free',
and support other members of their food chain in the end, that hopefully
benefits all down the line, just as if I guess I should have realized, and
thanks you your posting, now do appreciate having more trees (even
planted)that not only provide more oxygen, but more "homes" for critters in
the environment. thanks

peace & aloha

S.

Sharyn Fernandez, Concord CA