I need help.......

Paul Cherubini cherubini at mindspring.com
Fri May 5 07:56:48 EDT 2000

Ken Philip wrote:

> With regard to the 1973 Kenai Peninsula records for _V. cardui_
> (Painted Lady) There were 4 specimens in that series, and the collection dates ranged
> from 5 July through 1 August. Presumably these were from a later flight?

Any idea when the school year ended for elementary school classes in the Kenai
Peninsula region in the 70's?

Ditto for Fairbanks in the 80's. Was school in session in Fairbanks at the
time you spotted a fresh V. cardui on the neaby hill? How far is the hill from
the 5 (?) elementary schools in Fairbanks?

Just curious - I not trying to make any big statement here.

Paul Cherubini