Checkerspot on the news

anne kilmer viceroy at anu.ie
Sat May 6 04:56:14 EDT 2000

Here it is.
Looks as if planting the host plants in appropriate areas might help.
It is certain that rearing and releasing would not help, unless suitable
sites had been developed. And I bet it requires some weird soil and
water conditions.
Give the correct scientific name, I imagine we can find out what's
happening.
Oh well
Anne Kilmer
Mayo, Ireland
                    Scientific Name: Euphydryas editha bayensis