Xerces Blue

Paolo Mazzei mazzeip at tin.it
Sun May 14 17:15:30 EDT 2000

Christie L. Hammond (Lake Hills Elementary School, Bellevue, Washington,
mailto:Christie.Hammond at bsd405.com) wrote:

Hi,

It's me again.  My class and I have so been enjoying the generous
kids wanted to know about is the effect of extinct butterflies on the
ecosystem.  I believe the Xerces Blue butterfly is the first butterfly
to become extinct in North America.  I have been unablt to locate any
pictures or information regarding this butterfly or why it became
extinct.  I thought I would send this inquiry to you and see what you or
your e-mail network came up with.  We still have much work that we plan
to do but my class will be contacting you regarding the results of our
study.

Again, thank you so much for your assistance with this project.

Christie Hammond