Net traps and net tents

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 24 07:17:42 EDT 2000

Wanda,
  In Central Texas the "Charaxes"-style suspended traps are found sooner or
later by raccoons which are always playfully destructive.
  Malaise flight traps and "Walmart-special" net tents are inevitably
shredded by the raccoons.
  Bluejays also tear netting to get at the butterflies inside.
  I am considering building an old fashioned wire-screen insectary, or a
hardware cloth enclosure for the tent.
.........Chris Durden