lepidoptera societys in Tennessee

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Fri May 26 12:51:02 EDT 2000

Jennifer,  If you are looking for a group that is dedicated to the
study of leps, you might also look into the Lepidopterists' Society.
Many people in this group are also avid watchers, photographers, and
gardeners as well as collectors.  The Membership directory lists the
following people from Tennessee:

Roger Qualls-Ashland City
Julia & Robert Dow-Collierville
Thomson Paris-Gallatin
Lauren Estadt,
Mecky Furr-Germantown
Sue Dippold-Hendersonville
Jerry Nagel-Johnson City
John Hyatt,
Ronald Wankel-Kingsport
Bruce McCarty-Knoxville
Charley Chilcote-Maryville
Laurel Patton-Memphis
Pietro Galassetti,
Howard Lewis,
Olle Pellmyr- Nashville
Jane Baird-Oak Ridge
Linda Haulk-Sevierville

You would have to look them up for phone numbers.  I'm surprised
there is no one from Chatanooga, being so close to the Smoky
Mountains and all.  Hope this helps.
Best of luck, Rich

>Hello, I live in TN and I was wondering if there are any societys  for
>lepidoptera or entomology in my area? I am a amature and I would like to
>have someone in my area to converse with.  Any information will be
>greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
>Jennifer Cardenas

Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture