Help! Mites on mounted butterflies

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 6 20:48:36 EST 2000

Jean-Michel wrote about a book of "mites on moths" (not to be confused
with "of mice on men".  I wonder if he is thinking of work by Asher
Treat who I heard give a fascinating talk on the mites in a moth's ear.
This was about 30 years ago, and a medline search on Treat yielded only
one paper (1: Science 1968 Jan 19;159(812):331-3
Auditory sense in certain sphingid moths by Roeder KD, Treat AE,
Vandeberg JS.

AMAZON.COM lists an out-of-print book Mites of moths and butterflies
                     by Asher Eugene Treat

M Gochfeld