Monarch extinction and conservatism

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Sun Nov 12 14:27:10 EST 2000

>Sometimes taking measures to prevent or at least reduce a disaster means
>learning later that we did more than we had to, but as spacecraft and bridge
>designers can tell you, that's better than doing too little.
>
>Woody

I would echo this sentiment by arguing that being environmentally
conservative (i.e. take action now rather than risking the loss or
consequences) is the same as being fiscally or economically conservative.
Viewed this way, political conservatives should also often be at the
forefront of environmental conservation efforts.

John Grehan