Holland book

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 14 02:24:12 EST 2000

I have two in this series -
  Leland O. Howard, (1901, 1923), 1942. The Insect Book. New York
(Doubleday, Doran & Co.). This includes Hymenoptera, Diptera, Siphonaptera,
Trichoptera, Mecoptera, Neuroptera, Hemiptera, Anoplura, Physopoda,
Orthoptera, Euplexoptera, Mallophaga, Corrodentia, Isoptera, Plecoptera,
Odonata, Ephemerida, Thysanura and 48 color and monochrome photographic
plates of specimens, scientific and common names, and capsules of life
histories with many illustrations in the text. A very nice book I found at
a book show about 10 years ago for $12.95.
  W. J. Holland, (1898) 1914. The Butterfly Book. 48 plates. bound with W.
J. Holland, (1903) 1914. The Moth Book. 48 plates. New York (Doubleday,
Page & Co,) A very useful reference I found in a used bookstore about 15
years ago for $12.50.
  W. J. Holland, (1898), 1930. The Butterfly Book, New and Thoroughly
Revised. 77 plates. New York (Doubleday & Co.). A very useful reference I
found last year at a book show for $50.
  The prices go up but you will find them. Just keep looking.
...........Chris Durden.