Holland book

Carol R. Lemmon Carol.Lemmon at po.state.ct.us
Tue Nov 14 08:56:40 EST 2000

> The moth portion was republished by Dover Publications, Inc. in 1968 but,
> the best of my knowledge, they did not republish the butterfly portion.
The
> ISBN for The Moth Book is 486-21948-8
>
> I had inquired about the butterfly book a number of years ago and was told
> it was hard to find by my used book dealer.
>
> > Many years ago my Dad purchased a copy of Holland's 1914 combined moth
and
> > butterfly book. The title is: New Nature Library, Vol. II, Butterfly
Book,
> > Moths. The first half of the book covers butterflies and the last half
> > moths. Over they years I have come to the conclusion that this may be a
> > fairly uncommon publication. How uncommon or rare is this book? I also
> > have
> > the single volumes of each book.

About 3 years ago I found a leather bound pocket guide (about 3"x6") to
butterflies by Holland.  I bought it for $5.00 and it is in fair condition.
This is the only one of these I have ever seen or heard of.  I'm guessing
this version is exceptionally rare.  Anyone else out there have or seen this
book?

Jeff Fengler
CT Agric. Exp. Station