[LEPS-L:7859] RE: aerial spraying is "DEVASTATING to non-target species

Jean-Michel MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Tue Nov 14 11:44:33 EST 2000

WOW... I remember I have read some articles telling that Bacillus
thuringiensis israelensis is attacking only mosquitoes and do not kill
Odonata. Is this wrong ? Could it be possible that Bacillus is spread with
another product together ? Detergent perhaps ? I would be interested in that
information because I have been very critical against Health Ministry here
in Nicaragua because they use Methyl Paration in diesel to fumigate against
adult mosquitoes in stead of killing larvae with Bacillus. I hope I am not
so wrong ?

Sincerely,

Jean-Michel MAES
MUSEO ENTOMOLOGICO
AP 527
LEON
NICARAGUA
tel 505-3116586
jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
www.insectariumvirtual.com/termitero/termitero.htm#nicaragua
www.insectariumvirtual.com/lasmariposasdenicaragua.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/JMaes.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/database2/honduintro.htm