[LEPS-L:7883] Re: Holland pocket guide

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Wed Nov 15 14:47:56 EST 2000

One of my Holland Pocket Guides is bound in leather, and the other comes in
a little carrying case.  I suspect a great many editions and varieties were
printed.

Lillian Fazini is the author of another oft issued pocket guide to
butterflies.

The plates in Holland's 1931 revision are not the same as the original 1898
book.

Eric Metzler
Columbus OH

"Kenelm Philip" <fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu> wrote in message
news:Pine.OSF.4.21.0011141021210.25357-100000 at aurora.uaf.edu...

> Jeff Fengler asked about:
>
> > a leather bound pocket guide (about 3"x6") to butterflies by Holland.
>
> This is _The Butterfly Guide_, A Pocket Manual for the Ready
Identification