[LEPS-L:7936] RE: Misinformation?

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Mon Nov 20 14:48:20 EST 2000

Fred Heath wrote (in a personal email),

> 	This is not to say that opposition scientists can't
> exaggerate or
> push a particular agenda, but they are usually scientists
> first and not the
> marketeers which folks can become in working for the chemical
> or tobacco
> companies.

Hi Fred - where are you these days?

I guess I would assume that the individual personalities that fill these
positions rotate frequently, and that just about any scientist might accept
such a position when given the opportunity.  I'm not arguing that company
retained ecologists and biologists aren't equipped with more funding - nor
that they aren't often "guided" in their experimenting.  Only that they are
similarly trained people using the same methodologies as those on the other
side.

Mark Walker