[LEPS-L:7994] Re: carrying specimens across Canadian border

Robert Kriegel kriegelr at msu.edu
Mon Nov 27 09:06:42 EST 2000

> If there are more than seven specimens, the carrier should be prepared with
> documentation to prove the shipment is non-commercial in nature.

If the transportation is a museum loan or for contract research I can see
that such documentation would not be a problem.  However, there is a lot of
research conducted on Lepdioptera by private individuals.  How can
legitimate avocational lepidopterists get such documentation?

Bob Kriegel
Lansing, MI