terminology question

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Wed Oct 11 11:17:35 EDT 2000

    I'm pretty familiar with technical lepidopterian terms. I don't know of
a specific term either. I suspect that this is actually a simple question
looking for a simple answer -- especially sine the question was posed to a
child. In which case the answer would just be. "Transparent." If there is an
involved technical term I'd like to know it too.
Ron Gatrelle
----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzy Gazlay" <smgazlay at aimsedu.org>
To: <leps-l at lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 10:50 AM
Subject: terminology question

> I received the following question from a parent whose child was given the
> challenge of finding this term:
> << What is it called when you can see the butterfly wings through the
> chrysalis? >>
> I'm not familiar with this term and so far I haven't been able to find it
> any of my books. So, of course, now I'm curious too.
> Can anyone enlighten me? I'd surely appreciate it!
> Thank you --
> Suzy Gazlay
> smgazlay at aimsedu.org

More information about the Leps-l mailing list