terminology question

John Acorn janature at compusmart.ab.ca
Wed Oct 11 11:47:11 EDT 2000


I agree, "transparent" does the trick.  However, it is possible that the
term "pharate" is the one they are looking for-- according to Torre-Bueno: 
"cloaked; withing the cuticle of a preceeding stage."  

John Acorn
>From: "Ron Gatrelle" <gatrelle at tils-ttr.org>
>To: <smgazlay at aimsedu.org>
>Cc: "Leps-l" <leps-l at lists.yale.edu>
>Subject: Re: terminology question
>Date: Wed, Oct 11, 2000, 9:16 AM

>    I'm pretty familiar with technical lepidopterian terms. I don't know of
>a specific term either. I suspect that this is actually a simple question
>looking for a simple answer -- especially sine the question was posed to a
>child. In which case the answer would just be. "Transparent." If there is an
>involved technical term I'd like to know it too.
>Ron Gatrelle
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Suzy Gazlay" <smgazlay at aimsedu.org>
>To: <leps-l at lists.yale.edu>
>Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 10:50 AM
>Subject: terminology question
>> I received the following question from a parent whose child was given the
>> challenge of finding this term:
>> << What is it called when you can see the butterfly wings through the
>> chrysalis? >>
>> I'm not familiar with this term and so far I haven't been able to find it
>> any of my books. So, of course, now I'm curious too.
>> Can anyone enlighten me? I'd surely appreciate it!
>> Thank you --
>> Suzy Gazlay
>> smgazlay at aimsedu.org

More information about the Leps-l mailing list