List master

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 13 07:01:27 EDT 2000

I was intrigued that someone was having trouble unsubscribing.

Does our list have a list master.  I have been on and off quite a few
lists in recent years. Most have a responsible person (who at least gets
the list set up on a LIST SERVER. In some cases the List Master monitors
the threads and aborts them when they get out of hand.

In one case all postings went to the list master who took the time to
screen them and even bounce to remove blatantly commercial postings or
to bounce back those that were unclear or intemperate.

A list master would help people who want to unsubscribe (and in some
cases those who don't want to unsubscribe).

M. Gochfeld