entomology job

Brian Scholtens scholtensb at cofc.edu
Tue Oct 17 12:56:15 EDT 2000

For all interested job seekers.  Pass this on to anyone who might be
interested. I'm posting here for a colleague.

Thanks,
Brian Scholtens
Biology Dept.
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
scholtensb at cofc.edu

Entomology Tenure-Track Assistant Professorship at East Carolina
University

Responsibilities include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate
levels, including a course in insect biology; performing appropriate
professional service; and maintaining an extramurally-funded research
program, preferably in insect ecophysiology, landscape ecology or
systematics.  Send hard copy of curriculum vitae, a statement of
teaching and research interests, and the names and contact information
of three current references to: Hal J. Daniel, Department of Biology,
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 27858-4353.   The position is
to begin in August 13, 2001, and screening begins November 1, 2000.
Our Department annually educates more than 900 undergraduate and 80
graduate majors by more than 30 faculty (http://www.ecu.edu/biology).
New doctoral programs include Coastal Resources Management and
Interdisciplinary Biological Sciences.
ECU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University and
accommodates persons with disabilities.  Applicants must comply with the
Immigration Reform and Control Act.  Official transcript required upon
employment.