Call for

Scali Scali_v at biblio.cib.unibo.it
Tue Oct 31 10:56:07 EST 2000

CALL FOR Papilio machaon

Our research group on the Papilio machaon complex would like to extend
its investigations on as many taxa as possible by means of molecular
marker utilisation, namely mtDNA and nuclear genes. Also, these
investigations will be paralleled by egg chorion SEM analysis.
Therefore we search for both live and dried up (not already rehydrated)
specimens from the whole Palearctic Region, with particular emphasis on
Northern African and Near Eastern Countries (f. i. Morocco, Algeria,
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman). Ripe females (from which extract
eggs) and pupae will be very welcome.
These requests are particularly intended for getting specimens of
“saharae saharae” and “s. rathjensi”.
We acknowledge that reasonable fees can be paid for.
The material should be sent to the following address:

dr Marco PELLECCHIA, PhD
Dipartimento di Biologia Evol. Sper.
Università di Bologna
Via Selmi, 3
40126 BOLOGNA (ITALY)

Quick messages:

scali_v at biblio.cib.unibo.it
fax: 0039 051251208

We thank all people answering this call in advance.
Best regards,

Marco Pellecchia

Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale
Via Selmi 3  40126  Bologna (Italy)
Tel. 0512094173 - 0512094168
Fax 051251208
e-mail: Scali_V at biblio.cib.unibo.it