Noctua pronuba

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Wed Sep 6 09:40:10 EDT 2000

On Labor Day weekend I observed an adult of N. pronuba taking water from the
side of Cascadilla Creek in the gorge on Cornell University's campus during
the middle of the afternoon.  The moth was active during the day, although
the site was shaded, the moth flew around and settled more than once to get
water (and or other substances in the water).

Eric Metzler
Columbus OH

"Jim Steffens" <jjsteff at magpage.com> wrote in message
news:8p4186$kpa$0 at 216.155.33.39...
> After observing Noctua pronuba for the first time ever in northern
Delaware