Hummingbird Moth

Paul (E.L.G.) pwbelg at clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 19:35:07 EDT 2000

Ann,

There have been a reasonable number of sightings this year  of this
migratory species. The earlier moths have bred here and now produced many
offspring, as their main foodplant here (Ladies Bedstraw - Galium verum) is
fairly common.  We tend to continue to get reports of this species right up
to the end of November.

For more details of migrant sightings in Europe (and England) check out
http://users.skynet.be/bs663526/

Paul W. Batty (Editor, E.L.G.)
The Entomological Livestock Group has over 600 Members World-wide.
Website: http://www.pwbelg.clara.net/index.html