Hummingbird Moth

Ann Taylor ann.snowdrop at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 21 14:52:05 EDT 2000

news:8qdfs6$cda$1 at lure.pipex.net...

"Paul , E.L.G." <pwbelg at clara.co.uk> wrote in message
news:E13buMD-000C9n-00 at oracle.clara.net...
> Ann,
>
> There have been a reasonable number of sightings this year  of this
> migratory species. The earlier moths have bred here and now produced many
> offspring, as their main foodplant here (Ladies Bedstraw - Galium verum)
is
> fairly common.  We tend to continue to get reports of this species right
up
> to the end of November.

Thanks to everyone who replied about this moth. (here & by email)
I had never seen one before and if I hadn't of heard someone talking about
them a few days ago I would not have known where to start looking for a
picture to confirm my 'sighting'.
thanks again

Regards
Ann