"What Happened to our Biggest Moths"

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Tue Apr 3 16:43:43 EDT 2001

All.
This is some great information (though VERY dismaying). It should once and
for all get moth collectors off the hook for being suspected by some as the
fault. I will also here state that if 300 years from now 80% of all
American leps have become extinct due to this exotic - that the extinction
had no relativity to human over population - just human irresponsibility
(introduction of both the Gypsy Moth and the fly). No, I don't see the
number of humans as the paramount problem - it is the humans in that number
who as individuals or small groups are able to wreck such massive havoc -
morally, politically, economically, and environmentally.