Who can help on some insects (fwd)

Joshua Stuart Rose jsr6 at duke.edu
Fri Apr 6 18:43:31 EDT 2001

Howdy Leppers,

The forwarded message below came to the odonates list, but most of the
creatures Matthias wants identified appear to be moth caterpillars (plus
a few mosquitoes), so I figure this list is a better place for it. All
are pretty spectacular, especially the scaly thing at the bottom of the
page that I'm not even sure is a caterpillar; the text mentions
Weichkafers, which I think is some kind of beetle... If anyone has a
clue, please e-mail the address on the page (though I wouldn't mind
hearing the names of these incredible critters either).

Cheers,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University