"Dali Greets the World"

Emily R Echols ere11 at Ra.MsState.Edu
Tue Apr 10 12:35:19 EDT 2001

Just as Rudy explained, this is just one of Dali's interpretations of
life which uses the beautiful butterfly as a symbol. And if ever
you see a Salvador Dali exhbit, you may find such intricate
symbolism and interpretation of life genius, disturbing, and even crazy.
Like everybody, he has dealt with many issues: being named after his
deceased brother, his father marrying his Mother's sister, etc.
Though I am not meaning to get into the reasons for Dali's interpretations
(for truly, I did not know the man personally) I just think that it is
possible for people to agree or disagree without being offended...because
of course we are all very different and thus have each a different
opinions on matters, but there is something that you can take and learn
from everybody anf their point of view.
I still find this quote interesting, and no, I am not endorsing it as my
own feelings about the cycle of the butterfly. I am merely fascinated by
everyone's interpretations, so I also thank you all for sharing with me
yours as well. -Emily
P.S. I too find butterfly cocoons very beautiful and exquisite, like
jewels.