Law Enforcement Officials

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 22:48:36 EDT 2001

Let me explain "Law Enforcement Officials" as I understand the term and by my
experience. I do not equate Park Rangers and National Forest Service Officers
with Law Enforcement Officials. I do not ever remember Park Ranger or
National Forest Service Officers carrying a gun. I do equate Game Wardens, US
Fish & Wildlife Officers, and Fish & Game Officers with Law Enforcement. I
remember a TV program as a child with Ranger Bob. He did not have a gun.

I have had five encounters with Law Enforcement Officials that involved guns.
And those guns were pointed at me!  Have you ever look down the barrel of a
gun!!!!!!! Better yet, have you ever looked down the barrel of several guns,
several snarling dogs out in the middle of no where at 2AM after you hear the
words, "keep your hands where I can see them." Now that's Law Enforcement
Officials.

And by the way. The DEA team that the late Jack Heinrich and I encountered in
Fakahatchee, we had a previous encounter with on North Key Largo about 8
months earlier. I even had some of the agents business cards in my truck.
After they recognized me we all had to laugh. They also drank all of Jack
Heinrich's beer before they left. It was in late August and it was hot! ( I
personally do not drink, not even beer, it never appealed to me, after all, I
see what it does to moths!)

So forgive me if I made an incorrect assumption. But I am still curious. Law
Enforcement Officials, there is something there! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

What else have I learned? If you have a flak jacket, wear the dam thing when
your on this list!!!!!!!!!!