Species vs. Subspecies

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Wed Aug 15 11:11:08 EDT 2001

Makes good sense to me. My idea of conservative butterfly taxonomy is to
accept the rank as originally assigned by the person who described the beast
and then assign a different rank when there are some real reasons for doing
so. Regrettably we are still faced with the legacy of the last century when
many things were lumped on the basis of superficial similiarity and numerous
assumptions and questionable/inconsistent logic, especially in the use of
genitalic characters.. Just my humble opinion :-)