Swallowtails in New York c1950s

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Aug 30 13:54:01 EDT 2001

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:52:25 EDT
From: <Oops3 at aol.com> | Block Address | Add to Address Book
To: dplex-l at raven.cc.ku.edu
Subject: Re: Staying in Tallahassee

The local governments are spraying down here too, but I believe they
are using pyrethrums (SP?) or something closely related. The threat of West
Nile virus is very real, especially in the Panhandle where I believe someone
has died from it. There is also a large horse population at this end of the
state, and they are also susceptible to it. My husband uses a fogger,
and I think it has knocked down quite a good percentage of the mosquitos, and
our lovely squadrons of dragonflies are handling the rest. So far, I
haven't seen any impact on the triangle zebras or giant sulfurs or Queens...

Sue Lang
Palm Beach Gardens, FL