The not-so-deadly Bt corn

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Aug 30 14:24:12 EDT 2001

This would be interesting to know and I look forward to further research and
the subsequent interpretations of what it all means. One thought though: I
do not think it is fair to say that something is "missing" from a study that
perhaps was never intended or resourced to deal with whatever another person
thinks should have been "included". I would only conclude that something was
missing if it were in the terms of reference for the study and subsequently
was not part of the project deliverables. I have never heard of a totally
comprehensive study that looks at "everything" so one can always observe
that something is missing from any study. This is a standard criticism that
is invariably levied against studies on any topic where different views
exist in society.  I predict that people who are philosophically nervous
about chemicals in our environment will never see enough studies or evidence
to calm their angst. Please note that I am not saying that all chemicals are
OK and also please note that I am not criticizing other people for their
views on what is right or wrong in the world.